Department of Commercial Practice
Department of Commercial Practice
At VET BVL Polytechnic, the Diploma course in Commercial Practice is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills, while building competence in a various areas of business.
Aiming to be make Department of Commercial Practice one of the best Diploma courses for Commercial practice in JP Nagar, Bangalore, the college exposes students to general business principles by providing knowledge in business management, economics, statistics, finance, marketing, human resources, accounting, etc, thus promoting intellectual, ethical and secretarial skills.
The programme aspires to make the students as Professionals of International Standards in office administration covering the areas of Accounting Communication, Automation and Documentation according to the emerging needs of Corporates in Manufacturing, Trading and Service Sectors, Service Oriented Organizations and Government Agencies. The course grooms the students for pursuing higher education.
- The programme supports the students through high quality teaching and practices that provides students a supportive environment, promoting intellectual, ethical and secretarial services.
- The programme invokes the desire and ability of lifelong learning in the students for pursuing successful career by improvement in the quality of diploma education.
- Maintaining strong institution & industry relationship for community development.
- Strengthening the inter-institutional linkage with the professional organizations, accrediting agencies, statutory authorities who share common responsibilities.
- Desktop Publishing
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Computer Typing
- Modern Office Management
- Lateral Entry to B.Com
- Accountant Assistant
- Front Office Executive
- Data Entry Operator
- Business Studies-1
- Financial Accounting-1
- English/Kannada Shorthand-I
- KAN/ENG TW
- Computer Application in Office-I
- Effective English Communication Lab
- Sports/NCC/NSS/Youth Red Cross/Yoga/ Technical club
- Financial Accounting-II
- Elements of Business Statistics
- Business Studies-II
- English/Kannada Shorthand-II
- English/Kannada Typewriting (Speed)
- English/Kannada Typing (Manuscripts)
- Computer Application in Office-II
- Kannada-I (Sahithya Sinchana -I/Balike Kannada-I)
- Financial accounting-III
- Business Management
- Kannada - I (150 LCM)/English (60WPM) Short Hand
- Kannada (25WPM)/English (35 WPM) T/W SPEED
- Desk Top Publishing -[PageMaker, Photoshop &Nudi]
- Kannda-II (Sahithya Sinchana -II/Balike Kannada-II)
- Financial Accounting-IV
- Company Law and Secretarial Practice
- Kannada/English Short Hand SPD
- Kannada (34WPM)/English (45WPM) T/W (Speed)
- Kannada/English T/W (Manuscript) (90 MIN Duration)
- Indian Constitution
1. Compulsory Course - (Each Pathway 4 Credits)
- English Shorthand - V (Speed - 120 WPM)/ Kannada Shorthand - V (Speed - 260 LPM)
- English Shorthand Elaboration (120 WPM)/ Kannada Shorthand Elaboration (260 LPM)
2. Specialization Pathways - (Each Path way 10 Credits)
- Finance and Taxation
- Cost and Management Accounts
- Business Law and Practice
Note: In 5th Semester student need to select any one of the Specialization pathways along with Compulsory courses consisting of 18 credits
Note: In 6th Semester student need to do internship/project in the pathway selected in 5th semester